DFPA KICK - OFF CONFERENCE

 Deasia Craig 

VDCMA (Computer Science)

2235880

October 5th, 2023

DFPA Kick Off Conference: Event 1

Location: Fine Arts Recital Hall Bowie Uni.

        

        On October 5th, I attended the DFPA Kick-Off Conference at Bowie State, and this conference was

mainly directed to new and transfer students of DFPA majors. This event was 2 hours long and I stayed

for 30 minutes to an hour, this conference was very informational and everyone was engaged by asking

questions. As a computer science major, I was able to learn that I have access to all Adobe apps such as 

Photoshop, Firefly, and Adobe Express. The speaker Professor Tweodross mentioned that Bowie is in 

partnership with Adobe, this is an Adobe school even though some students are only familiar

with/strong in canvas products. These events helps those in the DFPA majors which includes fashion

design, digital arts and music etc. learn what resources they can use to better their knowledge about

their studies and what can help them in the present. I learned about a program named LAKIA

introduced by Professor Tweodross which helps students develop and create short films and get 

involved with 2D and 3D animation. This event relates back to what I am currently doing in my 

VDCMA class because we just did an assignment on Afrofuturism and my assignment was to compare 

stop motion to Afrofuturism. We are currently using Adobe which helped me find photos to represent 

Afrofuturism and stop motion and if I wanted to LAKIA would be a great fit for me to get more 

involved with stop motion. 

    This is the second speaker talking about Bowie resources funded so that DFPA students are able to 

access more than just Adobe products. 

THis DFPA FLYER




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photoshop Tutorial

The Blvck Factor Part 2

Recreated Template